CCSC Scent Work Camp
June 26 and 27, 2021
• Individualized Training
• Beginner through Experienced teams
• Lunch Lectures/Discussion
Your experienced instructors are returning for more fun:
Ginger Huxley, Kathy Echols, Mary DeFroy and Erin Seeley!
WORKING TEAM SLOTS are limited to 24 total dog/handler teams. Each working team is expected to attend both days, training the same dog. A survey will be sent out to assess each dog’s experience and desired outcomes.
• Price: $350 for both days and includes individualized instruction, all lectures and panel discussions,
Saturday and Sunday lunch, Saturday evening dinner, and a groovy t-shirt.
AUDITOR SLOTS. Limited to 30 auditors. It is preferred that auditors attend both days. Auditors may not work a dog.
• Price: $120 for two days or $60 per day. Price includes all lectures and panel discussions, Saturday and Sunday lunch, Saturday evening dinner, and a groovy t-shirt.
WORKER/HELPER SLOTS. Limited to 8. Worker/helpers will help set up, work, and break down rings, etc. during
both the morning and afternoon instruction sessions. Strongly preferred, workers who can work both days.
• Price: FREE for both days. Includes all lectures and panel discussions, lunch and dinner, and a groovy tshirt.
ENTRY AND WAIT LIST PROCEDURE
OPENING DATE is April 1, 2021
CLOSING DATE is May 28, 2021
All entries must be submitted online at https://ccsc.dogbizpro.com/Public/Registration/Events.aspx
If all working team/auditor/helper spots are filled, a wait list will be created. If a wait list is created, you will be
contacted about that wait list after the closing date.
DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION
From East or West. Take I-70 to Exit 131 St. Charles Rd/Lake of the Woods Rd. Turn S onto St. Charles Rd (0.1
mile). Turn R onto I-70 Drive SE. Stay on I-70 Drive SE for 0.9 mile. CCSC is on the left.
From North or South. Take highway 63 to the I-70 interchange. Merge onto I-70 East and drive to Exit 131 St.
Charles Rd/Lake of the Woods Rd. Turn S onto St. Charles Rd (0.1 mile). Turn R onto I-70 Drive SE. Stay on I-70
Drive SE for 0.9 mile. CCSC is on the left.
We will allow five RVs to park at CCSC. Please email Elizabeth Dinkins at firstname.lastname@example.org for
a reservation. The nearest RV park is Cottonwood RV Park, 5170 N Oakland Gravel Rd, (573) 474-2747.
HOTEL AND MOTEL INFORMATION
Columbia is on Interstate 70 about halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis. Most of these hotels have a pet
deposit and some have certain restrictions on sizes of dogs so please check when making your reservations.
• Best Western Plus Columbia Inn, 2904 Clark Lane, Columbia, MO 65202 (800) 780-7234
• Candlewood Suites Columbia Hwy 63 & I-70, 1400 Creekwood Pkwy, Columbia, MO 65202 (573) 256-0200
• Drury Inn Columbia - 1000 Knipp Street Columbia, MO (573) 445-1800
• Drury Plaza Hotel Columbia East - 3100 Interstate 70 Dr. SE, Columbia, MO 65201 (573) 441-0090
• Holiday Inn Executive Center - 2200 I-70 Drive S.W., Columbia, MO 65203 (573) 445-8531
• La Quinta - 2500 Interstate 70 Dr., Southwest Columbia, MO (573) 445-1899
• Ramada Inn - 901 Conley Rd. Columbia MO (573) 443-4141
• Residence Inn Columbia - 1100 Woodland Springs Ct, Columbia, MO 65202 (573) 442-5601
• Super 8 Clark Lane - 3216 Clark Lane, Columbia, MO (573) 474-8488
• Super 8 East - 5700 Freedom Drive, Columbia, MO (573) 474-8307
There are also a Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn in Columbia which accept dogs (no fees) – however, there have been
complaints, both regarding service and/or safety, at these locations. Therefore, we have not been recommending
them. If you do decide to stay at one of these establishments, please let us know how your stay was so we can
update our recommendations.
All dogs must be on a short leash and under control while on CCSC grounds. RETRACTABLE LEASHES ARE NOT PERMITTED OUTSIDE AN ACTIVE SEARCH. There is NO SMOKING in this facility or anywhere on the grounds. If you must smoke you will need to do so, and dispose of the butts, inside your vehicle. This is a City ordinance. Please pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in appropriate containers outside the building.
Depending on weather, working participants should be able to crate out of their vehicles if desired. There will also
be crating areas in the main training building. Please bring a mat for underneath all crates. There is no air
conditioning in the large building, but it is fan cooled. The small building does have air conditioning. There are
restrooms on site.
Bitches in Season are allowed at this camp but will be crated away from the other dogs and expected to work in
There are no special accommodations for aggressive/reactive dogs at this camp. All dogs are expected to be able
to work around people and other dogs.
At this time, we anticipate that we will still be following COVID-19 safety protocols. This may change, but please
be prepared to wear a mask while on CCSC property.
Breakfast snacks and lunch will be provided for all participants. A fun BBQ/dinner will be provided on Saturday
There are also many excellent restaurants in Columbia; ask us for recommendations.
Individuals may videotape their own training sessions as long as it is not disruptive to other campers.
We’ve created a private Facebook group for this camp to post schedules and other information. You’ll be invited
to join the group after you have registered for camp.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.