July 18 and 19, 2020
• Individualized Training
• Beginner through Experienced teams
• Lunch Lectures/Discussion
Your experienced instructors are returning for more
fun: Ginger Huxley, Kathy Echols, Erin Seely, and Jon Sarabia!
WORKING SLOTS are limited to 24 total dog/handler teams. Each working team is expected to attend both days, training the same dog. A survey will be sent out to assess each dog’s experience in each discipline
• Price: $300 for both days and includes individualized instruction, all lectures and panel discussions, lunch and dinner and a groovy t-shirt.
AUDITOR SLOTS. Limited to 15 auditors. It is preferred that auditors attend both days. Auditors may not work a dog. Auditors can audit any/all sports as they choose throughout the weekend.
• Price: $120 for two days or $60 per day. Price includes all lectures and panel discussions, lunch and dinner, and a groovy t-shirt.
HELPER SLOTS. Limited to 5. Worker/helpers will help set up, work, and break down rings, etc. during both the morning instruction sessions and the afternoon games. Strongly preferred, workers who can work both days. We will make every effort to rotate workers between disciplines so they can learn from each sport.
• Price: FREE for both days. Includes all lectures and panel discussions, lunch and dinner, and a groovy t-shirt plus a special end of the day session.
DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION
From East or West. Take I-70 to Exit 131 St. Charles Rd/Lake of the Woods Rd. Turn S onto St. Charles Rd (0.1 mile). Turn R onto I-70 Drive SE. Stay on I-70 Drive SE for 0.9 mile. CCSC is on the left.
From North or South. Take highway 63 to the I-70 interchange. Merge onto I-70 East and drive to Exit 131 St. Charles Rd/Lake of the Woods Rd. Turn S onto St. Charles Rd (0.1 mile). Turn R onto I-70 Drive SE. Stay on I-70 Drive SE for 0.9 mile. CCSC is on the left.
There is no overnight parking at this site. Day parking of RVs can be accommodated if the vehicle can fit into a standard parking space. The nearest RV park is Cottonwood RV Park, 5170 N Oakland Gravel Rd, (573) 474-2747.
HOTEL AND MOTEL INFORMATION
Columbia is on Interstate 70 about halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis. There are many excellent restaurants; ask us for recommendations. Most of these hotels have a pet deposit and some have certain restrictions on sizes of dogs so please check when making your reservations.
• Drury Plaza Hotel Columbia East - 3100 Interstate 70 Dr. SE, Columbia, MO 65201 (573) 441-0090
• Ramada Inn - 901 Conley Rd. Columbia MO 573-443-4141
• La Quinta - 2500 Interstate 70 Dr., Southwest Columbia, MO 573-445-1899
• Drury Inn Columbia - 1000 Knipp Street Columbia, MO 573-445-1800
• Super 8 Clark Lane - 3216 Clark Lane, Columbia, MO 573-474-8488
• Super 8 East - 5700 Freedom Drive, Columbia, MO 573-474-8307
• Hampton Inn Columbia - 3410 Clark Lane Columbia, MO 573-886-9392
• Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Columbia - I70 & Hwy 63; 3100 Wingate Court, Columbia, MO 1-855-201-7819
• Staybridge Suites Columbia - 805 N Keene St Columbia, MO 573-442-8600• Residence Inn Columbia - 1100 Woodland Springs Court, Columbia, MO 573-442-5601
• Holiday Inn Express - 801 Keene Street Columbia, MO 573-449-4422
• Holiday Inn Select Executive Center-Columbia Mall - 2200 I-70 Drive SW Columbia, MO 573-445-8531
• Extended Stay America - 2000 Business Loop 70 W. Columbia, MO 573-445-6800
• Wingate by Wyndham - 3101 Wingate Court, Columbia, MO 65201
There are also a Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn in Columbia which accept dogs (no fees) – however, there have been complaints, both regarding service and/or safety, at these locations. Therefore, we have not been recommending them. If you do decide to stay at one of these establishments, please let us know how your stay was so we can update our recommendations.
All dogs must be on a short leash and under control while on CCSC grounds. RETRACTABLE LEASHES ARE NOT PERMITTED INSIDE ANY BUILDINGS. There is NO SMOKING in this facility or anywhere on the grounds. If you must smoke you will need to do so, and dispose of the butts, inside your vehicle. This is a City ordinance. Please pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in appropriate containers outside the building. Depending on weather, working participants should be able to crate out of their vehicles if desired. There will also be crating areas in the main training building. Please bring a mat for underneath all crates. There is no air conditioning in the large building, but it is fan cooled. The small building does have air conditioning. There are restrooms on site. Bitches in Season are allowed at this camp but will be crated away from the other dogs and expected to work in pants. There are no special accommodations for aggressive/reactive dogs at this camp. All dogs are expected to be able to work around people and other dogs.
Breakfast snacks and lunch will be provided for all participants. A fun BBQ/dinner will be provided on Friday and Saturday.
Individuals may videotape their own training sessions as long as it is not disruptive to other campers.
RANDOM DRAW AND WAIT LIST PROCEDURE
Entries for the K9 Scent Games camp will open on February 1st. On March 2nd after 7 pm, if needed, there will be Random Draws for slots. Each type of slot (Working, Auditing, Worker-Helper) will have its own Random Draw if needed. On the registration form, pick your first preference ONLY. If a wait list is created, you will be contacted about that wait list after the Random Draw. CLOSING DATE IS June 18, 2020.
Contact with any questions.